Our team of Crisis Counselors exists to help texters move through crisis moments. While our crisis counselors are best-in-class, their training is in crisis response and not ongoing support. However, we know sometimes those tough moments can become tough weeks, or months.We care about you, a lot. We know that you are thoughtful, self-aware and committed to helping yourself move through the tough times you experience in your life.
There a lot to think about when searching for the best support out there for you. We suggest you consider:
Group: Do you want something specialized for your age/demographic?
Some services focus on the needs of a set group.
Type of Service: Is there a certain type of service that feels more beneficial to you?
There are several types of service out there – here is some info on some of them.
- Direct – Therapy
- Support – Forums
- Informational – Education
- Mindfulness Meditation
Need Category: What is it that you are feeling?
- Eating Disorder
- Substance Abuse
Cost: Do you want to or are you willing to spend money?
- Free Trial
- Paid provider
- The name of your insurance provider (if applicable)
Location: Where/how do want to interact with this service?
Location based examples include:
- County Name
- City Name
- Medical Office
Great! Now that you have thought about all of the questions above we hope that you have a better sense of what your best fit might look like.
Searching using Google:
You can use all of the items you have identified above to search google for resources that might meet your needs.
- Service Type
- Need category
OPTION: Google Search bar integrated into page
Example search using our format… (will be auto populated with that CCs needs/request from above section)
“Free teen therapy for depression New York”
Searching using 211:
211 might have been shared with you in the past. We stand by it as one of the best ways to search for services.
Visit – www.211.org
- Boys Town
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- 1-800-273-8255 (24/7) Press 1 for Veterans line
- Disaster Distress Helpline
- Text TalkWithUs to 66746
- TTY for Deaf/Hearing Impaired: 1-800-846-8517
Dating Abuse & Domestic Violence
- 1-866-331-9474/tty: 1-866-331-8453 (24/7)
- Live Chat with loveisrespect (7 days/week, 5pm-3am EST)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- 1-800-799-7233 (24/7)
- Email the National Domestic Violence Hotline (24/7)
- RAINN: Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network
- 1-800-656-4673 (24/7)
- Live Chat with RAINN (24/7)
- National Human Trafficking Resource Center
- Text BeFree (233733)
- USA National Child Abuse Hotline
- 1-800-422-4453 (24/7)
- National Runaway Safeline
- 1-800-786-2929 (24/7)
- Live Chat with National Runaway Safeline (5:30pm – 12:30am EST)
- National Eating Disorders Association
- 1-800-931-2237 (Monday-Friday, 11:30 am-7:30 pm EST)
- ANAD: National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders
- 630-577-1330 (Monday-Friday,12 pm-8 pm EST)
- Email ANAD
- Safe Alternatives
- Call 800-366-8288 for information on seeking help
Support for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender (GLBT) Youth
- GLBT National Youth Talk
- Call 1-800-246-7743 (Monday-Friday, 4pm-12 am EST/Saturday, 12pm-5pm EST)
- Email the GLBT National Youth Talk
- The Trevor Project
- Call 866-488-7386 (24/7)
- Live Chat with the Trevor Project (Daily 3pm- 9pm EST)
- Planned Parenthood
- Live Chat
- STI Resource Center
- Call 919-361-8488 (Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-6:00 pm EST)
- Veterans Crisis Line
- Call 1-800-273-8255 (24/7)
- Live Chat with the Veterans Crisis Line (24/7)