We bring a new technology to an old problem. Our specialists practice active listening to help texters in crisis move from a hot moment to a cool calm – all through a medium they know and trust: text. Crisis Text Line is free, 24/7 emotional support for those in crisis.
- Fight for the texter. Our first priority is helping people move from a hot moment to a cool calm, guiding them to create a plan to stay safe and healthy. YOU are our first priority.
- Great crisis counseling requires great crisis counselors. It is on us to provide a platform that allows our specialists to do their best possible work. We’re proud that our platform is stable and very easy to use. And, while we love data and data science, we believe in a human centric approach. (Read: we don’t think robots make great crisis counselors.)
Our Crisis Counselors
We have three types of crisis counselors:
- Rigorously trained volunteers. Our volunteers graduate from a 34 hour training program designed in partnership with experts at Common Ground. Training includes video lessons, readings, role plays and feedback, as well as 8 hours of on-platform observation.
- Crisis center partners. Our partners are existing organizations that are experienced and well equipped in crisis counseling.
- Supervisors. Our experienced supervisors oversee our crisis counselors. They offer guidance and support with a focus on high-risk conversations.