Last Updated: September 1, 2023 7:08 PM EST
- For our terms of service in Spanish, click here.
- For our commitment to protecting digital rights, click here.
- If you are in danger or need emergency help, call 911 or your local emergency services number.
Any changes to these Terms will be effective immediately upon our posting them to our website at crisistextline.org. Continuing to use the Services after we’ve changed these Terms will mean that you accept the revised Terms.
You can opt out of any conversation with Crisis Text Line by texting or messaging the word STOP to us during that conversation. You can opt back in by texting or messaging us through our crisis support services again.
Our Services try to empower you to stay safe and healthy during a crisis. Your use of our Services does not create or imply an attorney-client relationship, a doctor-patient relationship, or a therapist-client relationship. Our Services are not, and are not intended to be, a substitute for professional health care, mental health treatment, psychiatric care, therapy, medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment of any kind.
If you believe you are experiencing a medical emergency, you should immediately call your doctor or 911. And, if you are experiencing a clinical or long-term issue, you should consult a medical professional. Crisis Text Line disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied.
You agree to use our Services only for lawful and legitimate purposes and according to these Terms. You agree not to use the Services:
- to violate any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation;
- to exploit, harm, or attempt to exploit or harm others;
- to threaten, harass, “spam,” or otherwise inappropriately abuse Crisis Text Line, its Services, employees, partners, agents, contractors, volunteers, or others;
- to send, obtain, share, use, or re-use any content which does not comply with these Terms;
- to gather or attempt to gather personal information belonging to others in order to share, market, exploit, or sell it to third parties, or for any other purpose prohibited by these Terms;
- to impersonate or attempt to impersonate another person or entity;
- to engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Services, or which, as determined by us, may harm Crisis Text Line or users of the Services, or expose them to liability;
- to violate Crisis Text Line’s intellectual property rights, including but not limited to seeking to copy, reverse engineer, or make derivative works of the Services or any portion of the Services without express written authorization from Crisis Text Line; or
- to otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of Crisis Text Line or the Services.
Crisis Text Line reserves the right to terminate your access to its Services if you violate these Terms, including doing anything on the list above. Crisis Text Line reserves the right to terminate its Services or your access to them for any reason. We may adjust your access to the Services if we determine that you’d be better served by a different kind of support.
You assume all risks for the use of Crisis Text Line’s services. Neither Crisis Text Line, nor any of our employees, volunteers, agents, service providers, contractors, or partners will have any liability in connection with acts or omissions by you or a third party during or after your use of the Services, or Crisis Text Line’s services being unavailable to you.
You agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless for damages (including speculative, indirect, or consequential damages) arising out of (A) your use of Crisis Text Line’s services, (B) your breach of these Terms, (C) your violation of the law, (D) claims by third parties that you are in breach of these Terms.
We can’t promise that our Services will always meet your needs or expectations, or that they will always work as we intend them to work. In other words, Crisis Text Line’s services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Crisis Text Line and its service providers expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. Without limiting the above, Crisis Text Line and its service providers make no warranty that Crisis Text Line will (A) meet your requirements; (B) be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free; or (C) meet your expectations. These disclaimers of liability apply to all damages or injury, including those caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission, whether for breach of contract, tortious behavior, including negligence, or any other cause of action.
If you are in crisis anywhere in the U.S. and want to reach one of our trained volunteers, please text us at 741741, contact us via WhatsApp at (443) SUP-PORT for English or (442) AYU-DAME for Spanish, or reach out to us via webchat. Message frequency varies. Message & data rates may apply.
If you are in crisis in the UK, Canada, or Ireland:
You can email our customer service team at email@example.com if you have questions about these Terms. If you are in crisis and want support from one of our trained volunteer crisis counselors, please reach out to us through text, webchat, or WhatsApp. We don’t provide crisis counseling via email. You can find a list of other crisis lines, hotlines, and other support resources at CrisisTextLine.org/referrals.
For media inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.