We have a lot to be thankful for this year. We have a growing community of Crisis Counselors who use their kindness and empathy to support texters 24/7. This year, we processed our 100 millionth message. And, our HQ is growin’ like weeds (ahem—want to join us? Apply!).
For the last several months, we’ve been bringing you curated playlists as an extra dose of empathy in your ears. This month, in honor of Thanksgiving, and in celebration of all of the things we are grateful for, our Crisis Text Line staff made you a playlist all about gratitude. Science says practicing gratitude could positively impact your mood. Plus, ICYMI, listening to music is one of the best coping mechanisms out there if you’re in a crisis.
So, whether you’re feelin’ Good As H*** about the week ahead or need a reminder that It’s A Great Day To Be Alive, we’ve got something for you. Now, let’s turn up the volume!
Here are some of our favorites that made the cut:
- Amen, Andra Day. How many times do we take a moment to simply say “thank you?” Thank you for all of the things that happened that made who I am and for all of the people who build me up every single day. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
- Thank U, Next, Ariana Grande. Ari is right all of the (healthy!) relationships in your life can teach you something. Take them as an opportunity to move on ‘n up!
- La Vie En Rose, Lucy Dacus. Lucy puts a fresh twist on a timeless classic, reminding all of us that everybody can bring some love into the world. C’est la vie en rose.
- The Story, Brandi Carlile. We all have a story to tell. What matters most is who we have to share your story with. You were made for a bold, beautiful life. A strong ballad turned Grey’s Anatomy classic, let Brandi remind you that your story is so important.
- That Would Be Enough, Alicia Keys for the Hamilton Mix-Tape. You’re moving forward. You’re working hard. You’re alive. That’s some big magic. Look around, look around at how lucky we are to be alive right now.
- I’m Still Standing, Elton John. There are some things in life that are undeniably hard. Resiliency is everything. And, you don’t have to move on and up alone. If you need a reminder of your resiliency, you can always text 741741 to connect with a Crisis Counselor. You’ll be lookin’ like a true survivor, feelin’ like a little kid.
- What A Wonderful World, Louis Armstrong. Nothing says the world is downright beautiful like this classic. This song reminds us to pay attention to the little things in life: blue skies, red roses, and trees of green. The world really is so, so wonderful.
- Butterflies, Kacey Musgraves. Sometimes the thing that makes you grateful for the world is the one person who gives you all those feel-good butterflies. Give thanks for that person who makes you think, you’re lifting me up instead of pulling me down.
- Hallelujah, HAIM. This one is new in from the LA sister trio just in time for the holiday. They’re reminding everyone to be thankful for the people you have in your life who you can lean on when life gets hard.
- Both Sides Now, Joni Mitchell. Perspective is everything. Sometimes, after you’ve been through it all, you look at your life in a new light.