Crisis Text Line provides free, 24/7, confidential text-based mental health support in English and Spanish by empowering a community of trained volunteers to support people in their moments of need.
Crisis Text Line is a safe and supportive place for sharing information, inspiring others and building conversation without judgment. We always strive to share content that resonates with our community and brings value. Please know that we take your feedback seriously with the intention of improving our service.
Along with our JEDI (Justice-Equity-Diversity-Inclusion) team, we are committed to fostering belonging, removing structural inequities, elevating diverse creativity and innovation and empowering everyone to do their best work.
To that end, we ask that you follow our community guidelines when engaging on our social media pages, to foster the kind of safety and support that Crisis Text Line seeks to provide. Please note that these guidelines briefly summarize only Crisis Text Line’s expectations – they do not replace or supersede the social media platform’s terms of service or other applicable rules.
- Be kind and empathetic: Respect other opinions and express yourself in a kind, nonjudgmental and compassionate manner. If you disagree with the content or someone’s opinion on a matter, you are free to do so in a polite way.
- Empower each other: Our community is all about supporting and having a positive impact on other people’s lives. We urge you to engage with our content and make suggestions that will help us empower you more effectively.
- Ask for information: You are always welcome to ask for information about our service, volunteer opportunities and other subjects. We take your feedback seriously and will communicate with our internal teams to provide you with the information requested. Please note that we cannot offer crisis counseling over our social media platforms. If you are in need of support, text “SHARE” to 741741, 443-SUPPORT in WhatsApp, or connect with us via web chat. For support in Spanish, text “APOYO” to 741741, 442-AYUDAME in WhatsApp, or connect with us via web chat.
- Don’t harm others: We reserve the right to remove any comments violating the law, attempting to exploit, bully, or harm others, threatening or harassing others, or attempting to impersonate others. Hate speech, bullying, and harassment are also not allowed on any of our social media platforms. We reserve the right to remove content promoting violence or hatred against individuals or groups based on age, race, disability, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, nationality, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation.
- Don’t spam: We do not allow spam, scams, or other deceptive practices that take advantage of our Crisis Text Line community.
- Don’t make false statements about Crisis Text Line, its employees or volunteers.
Please note that Crisis Text Line may use its discretion to close comments sections, provide warnings, block users, or report misconduct when appropriate. If you believe your account was blocked incorrectly, please let us know by submitting a request here: crisistextline.org/feedback.