Why Beyoncé is the Suicide Prevention Hero We All Need
We’re Celebrating Survivors of All Kinds with Queen B’s #LyricstoLiveBy
Strong. Brave. Fierce. At Crisis Text Line, these are some of the words our Crisis Counselors use to help texters understand that they can make it through their darkest moments.
Strong, brave and fierce, just so happen to be some words that describe Queen B. And, her birthday (9/4) just so happens to be at the start of suicide prevention month. Coincidence? We think not. That’s why we rounded up of Queen B’s #LyricstoLiveBy. Then, we’re rallying our fierce community to join us on TikTok and tell us how they’re “flawless.”
Another non-coincidence? Many texters use music to help them move from hot moments to cool and calm. Get in formation and soak up all of her empowering hits to make you feel like a queen.
“I woke up like this, FLAWLESS.”
2. “I'ma keep running, 'cause a winner don't quit on themselves”
3. I used to want you so bad, I'm so through with that, 'cause honestly you turned out to be the best thing I never had
4. I'm a survivor, I'm not gon' give up
I'm not gon' stop, I'm gon' work harder
I'm a survivor, I'm gonna make it
I will survive, keep on survivin'
5. Oh the time has come for my dreams to be heard
They will not be pushed aside and turned
Into your own, all 'cause you won't listen
6. Who run the world? GIRLS.
7. Perfection is a disease of the nation, pretty hurts.
8. If ever you are in doubt, remember what mama told me
Brown skin girl, ya skin just like pearls
Your back against the world
I never trade you for anybody else
9. 'Cause if you like it, then you shoulda put a ring on it
10. I dream it, I work hard, I grind 'til I own it
Ok, ladies. Now Let’s get in formation. I SLAY.